Annual Meeting & Related Materials
To the Stockholders of iRobot Corporation:
The annual meeting of stockholders of iRobot Corporation, a Delaware corporation (the “Company”), will be held on Friday, May 27, 2022, at 8:30 a.m., Eastern Time. The annual meeting will be held entirely online this year again due in part to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The annual meeting is being held for the following purposes:
The annual meeting will be held entirely online this year again due in part to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The annual meeting is being held for the following purposes:
- To elect three (3) Class II directors, nominated by the board of directors, each to serve for a three-year term and until his successor has been duly elected and qualified or until his earlier death, resignation or removal and to elect one (1) Class III director, nominated by the board of directors, to serve for a one-year term and until her successor has been duly elected and qualified or until her earlier resignation or removal;
- To ratify the appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as the Company’s independent registered public accounting firm for the current fiscal year;
- To approve amendments to our amended and restated certificate of incorporation to eliminate supermajority voting requirements;
- To approve amendments to our amended and restated certificate of incorporation to declassify the board of directors;
- To approve amendments to our amended and restated certificate of incorporation to eliminate the prohibition on stockholders’ ability to call a special meeting;
- To approve an amendment to the iRobot Corporation 2018 Stock Option and Incentive Plan (the “2018 Plan”) to increase the maximum number of shares reserved and issuable under the 2018 Plan;
- To hold a non-binding, advisory vote on the approval of the compensation of our named executive officers as disclosed in this Proxy Statement; and
- To transact such other business as may properly come before the annual meeting and at any adjournments or postponements thereof.
Proposal 1 relates solely to the election of three (3) Class II directors and one (1) Class III director nominated by the board of directors and does not include any other matters relating to the election of directors. Only stockholders of record at the close of business on March 31, 2022 (the “Record Date”) are entitled to notice of and to vote at the annual meeting and at any adjournment or postponement thereof.
We are mailing our stockholders a Notice of Internet Availability of Proxy Materials (the “Notice”), instead of a paper copy of our Proxy Statement and our Annual Report to Stockholders for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2022 (the “2021 Annual Report”). Stockholders who have requested a paper copy of our proxy materials will continue to receive them by mail. The Notice contains instructions on how to access those documents over the Internet and how to request a paper copy of our Proxy Statement, the 2021 Annual Report, and a form of proxy card or voting instruction card.
All stockholders are cordially invited to attend the annual meeting online. To assure your representation at the annual meeting, we urge you, regardless of whether you plan to attend the annual meeting online, to sign, date and return the proxy card (if you received printed proxy materials) or to vote over the telephone or on the Internet as instructed in these proxy materials so that your shares will be represented at the annual meeting. If your shares are held in “street name,” that is, held for your account by a broker or other nominee, you will receive instructions from the holder of record that you must follow for your shares to be voted.
To view the annual meeting materials (proxy statement and 2021 annual report), please click here.